VET in Schools
Increase your career prospects and start training while still at school.
At YMCA Education and Training (QLD), our VET in Schools Program is dedicated to providing students with the best start to their career. A VET in Schools Program with YMCA will give students the opportunity to reach their full potential and learn real life skills needed for employment. Our programs provide school students with everyday skills that will prepare them for employment or as a pathway into further study with YMCA or at university.
What is VET in Schools (VETiS)?
Vocational Education and Training in Schools (VETiS) is a program which enables students to gain nationally recognised qualifications while at school. Students learn skills and knowledge required for specific industries. VETiS can be undertaken in years 10, 11 and 12, and can count towards the Queensland Certificate of Education (QCE).
VET can also be undertaken while a young person is still enrolled at school through a school-based apprenticeship or traineeship (SAT). Our programs provide the flexibility to fit around a student's busy schedule and is delivered online and in the workplace.
Advantages of a VET in Schools Program?
Our programs provide students with practical and real-world experiences to work within their chosen industry. Upon completion of a VETiS program, students may find themselves in a great place to keep working, go on to future study or even start their own business. A VET in Schools Program with YMCA will give students the opportunity to reach their full potential and learn real life skills needed for employment.
Student benefits include:
- Gain real-life, hands-on experience
- Study a course that you are interest in
- Graduate school more confident and job-ready
- Achieve a nationally accredited qualification
- Gain additional credits to your Queensland Certificate of Education (QCE)
- Start working and experience a profession while at school
- Integrate VET qualifications into the existing curriculum
- Expand opportunities and pathways for students by offering new study lines
- Improve educational outcomes for students and your school
- Assist students to prepare for their chosen career and life outside of school
- Cater for different learning styles
- Increase student engagement and completion of senior certificate
- SIS20115 | Certificate II in Sport and Recreation
- SIS30115 | Certificate III in Sport and Recreation
- SIS30315 | Certificate III in Fitness
- All training materials and resources are provided by YMCA Education and Training
- RPL and professional development opportunities for teachers
- Nationally recognised qualifications
- Ongoing support from YMCA Education and Training
- Range of sports equipment
- Indoor / outdoor fields or courts
- Sporting programs for junior aged clients
- Fitness testing equipment
- Range of cardiovascular and resistance exercise machines
- Access to a range of clients
School benefits include:
Courses offered by YMCA include(Auspice and Online)
*customised skill sets can be created if full qualifications are not required
Why choose YMCA Education and Training?
Sport and Recreation qualifications:
PLEASE NOTE: All teaching staff delivering the qualification must hold a relevant industry qualification and Certificate IV in TAE, as well as have relevant industry currency